Yeah, I know it's been a while since I last posted. I haven't forgotten, I've just been crazy busy working on ZBrush homework. Oddly enough, I don't even plan on posting that work just yet since I'd like to do some more work to it before I make it public. Today I'm showing you my first visual effects project. This project was... different. It wasn't hard, once I understood what I was trying to do, but it was so unlike anything I've done before that I had trouble getting into it. Enough rambling about naught. The objective was to get a 3D object into some live video footage. Thankfully I didn't have to shoot the footage or do the tracking on it. Most of what I had to do involved matching lighting and tweaking colors to make the digital footage match the live footage. Here's what I got:
Overall, I found this project to be gratifying. It's really great to see something I've done pull together like this and actually see it in an actual environment.
Here's a sneak-peek at my next ZBrush project. I've been trying my hand at designing a character from the ground up (the right way). Here are some quick silhouettes.